The other day I had the privileged to spend the evening with friends, enjoying fellowship in the only way that you can when there is no school and thus no homework, filled with laughter and happy, casual chatter of girls. I felt like I could just sit and bask in the moment for ages, everything stopped once we sat down, if time could slow it did for us. We ordered when we were ready, left when we were ready without being pulled away any too soon by studying. Sitting there surrounded by the beauty of the sunset, the glorious colors of it, and the warmth of a summer evening, was perfect. Dessert to laugh over and enjoy made it even better. Strolling along outside where boats were our scenery and distant hums kept us company was lovely, only to be topped with how we ended the evening; sitting leaned back breathing in the dusk in big lawn chairs was so picturesque. A memorable evening indeed! Friends, fellowship, fun, what a wonderful evening.
"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Psalm 26:3
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Summer moments
The other day I had the privileged to spend the evening with friends, enjoying fellowship in the only way that you can when there is no school and thus no homework, filled with laughter and happy, casual chatter of girls. I felt like I could just sit and bask in the moment for ages, everything stopped once we sat down, if time could slow it did for us. We ordered when we were ready, left when we were ready without being pulled away any too soon by studying. Sitting there surrounded by the beauty of the sunset, the glorious colors of it, and the warmth of a summer evening, was perfect. Dessert to laugh over and enjoy made it even better. Strolling along outside where boats were our scenery and distant hums kept us company was lovely, only to be topped with how we ended the evening; sitting leaned back breathing in the dusk in big lawn chairs was so picturesque. A memorable evening indeed! Friends, fellowship, fun, what a wonderful evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That was a very memorable evening!! :)
Beautiful pictures! It looks like you all had a wonderfully sweet time!
Aaah what a fun and refreshing night that was!! Fun memories with such lovely people! :)
I LOVED our night. It cast a glow on my week and my memory bank. So relaxing, different, dignified... lovely!
Post a Comment