Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Second Date with my Little Man

The other day I took Nathan out for a picnic in the park for his fifth birthday. It was so fun to get to celebrate with just him. We ate our lunch under a tree (one of his choice, naturally). He was particularly interested in the rabbits and enjoyed feeding them. The swings were at our disposal and thus enjoyed as well as the slide. For his birthday present I got something simple, simple is always good ;)...I got him a stomp rocket. I remember having one growing up, we would spend hours stomping on it and making the little foam rockets fly! Nathan seemed to enjoy it as much as I did way back when. He told me that the rockets were going so far that they went right into space. Wow! He can sure enter the solar system fast, and I'm glad for that because I would miss this sweet little guy if his rocket stopped for too long at the moon.




3 comments:

Abbie said...

Priceless pictures...it doesn't get much cuter than Nathan. He sure is growing up fast!!

Historian Anne said...

You are an amazing gal! Such a sweet thing to do!

Kelsey said...

What a sweet "date"! Hehe...it was funny how shocked you were when I said I didn't know what a stomp rocket was =) Either I missed out as a child, or I just don't remember calling it that. anyways, what a sweet thing for you to do. I'm sure he had a blast!