Friday, September 4, 2009

Fluffy, Yellow Feathers

My very favorite exhibit at the fair had to be the ducklings. Their little fluffy selves are just so cute! The way they waddle...who could resist!? I stood there and wished, thinking longingly of my longtime dream to own a duck. I must say that I would be especially excited about the cute duckling stage and have fun imaging all that would go with it. I even have a name picked out, I think that I'd name it Puddles. Sort of a Beatrix Potter name, one which might possibly create stories full of adventure just as her pets did decades ago. But alas, my thoughtful and practical dad knows the "nitty gritty" side of having ducks, henceforth the reason that our yard is still lacking of a fluffy little fellow names Puddles.

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Puddles!! I love it! That's soooo cute! You should totally get a duckling. They're fun...while they're ducklings. ;)

Stormgirl said...

I wish that one day you will have a dear sweet Puddles. :) One day...one day.

Historian Anne said...

Darling name! Puddles! So cute!

Corina said...

Sweet! May providence grant you a Puddles at some time in your future. Until then, consider your friends the best Puddlings in your life, although we don't quite waddle, and aren't all that furry. Not on the outside at least. :D