Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's in the Air


You know that Fall is here when apple pies start emerging from the oven, hot and bubbling and smelling of cinnamon. I got to spend the morning baking a Fallish sort of treat using apples from my grandma's yard. Looking out the kitchen window seeing big maples leaves scattered around I came to the realization that a new season is most definitely here. The season with the most pungent smells, one of the best being an age old tradition, apple pie.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Mmm...don't you love that part of Fall? We are in over our ears with bushels of apples and pear from our fruit trees right now and have so enjoyed baking and eating cakes, crisps, applesauce, and a luscious pear pie. That warm, inviting smell of autumn fruit, oatmeal, brown sugar, and cinnamon is SO wonderful! :)

Balvanz said...

Mmmmmm...can I have a piece?? :D

Historian Anne said...

Wow, that looks amazing Shelby dear! Way to go on an amazing looking pie. I LOVE apple pie with Vanilla ice cream.