This week has been one of great change for me, instead of living the life of a summer-enjoying, non-college-going-Bum, I'm back in classes. Monday morning found me sitting in my "early" morning Physics class with a thermos of coffee sitting squarely in front of me (to help pacify my saddened mind which does not enjoy doing any hard, serious thinking too early in the day). I was surrounded by a class full of geeky science guys, weird containers, scales and weights. It's exciting really, the thought of a class fully devoted to learning about the whys and wherefores of the world around me. The day continues with the scramble to find classrooms, prayer for a friendly smile towards those around me, and a lovely reminder that I'm not alone. I so enjoyed seeing all of the familiar WCC faces, some newbies and some veterans. What an encouragement it is to be speeding down the hall to English and to be greeted by a "Hi" from a fellow education buddy, a church friend, or a fellow language lover. The familiar is where we are comfortable, and yet the new is the place in our lives where we grown the most.
As of Wednesday I can now officially say that two of my bros, ones who I learned to walk with and talk with (well actually I learned that before them...girls usually do ;), are WWU students! And Hannah girl came to visit Wednesday from her new place; it was fun to see her smiling face, all excited with the new adventure that she is on. It was just a reminder of the sweet changes that are happening, sometimes I feel overwhelmed by them, and then I'm reminded of the fact that this is what is supposed to happen, it's part of growing up.
And no "welcome back to school week" would be complete without some form of germ being spread by all of those frantic hands opening doors. So I've spent the past two days sitting in classes with a pile a mile high of tissue and studying with swollen eyes...I guess I'm just ushering cold season in a bit early.
As of Wednesday I can now officially say that two of my bros, ones who I learned to walk with and talk with (well actually I learned that before them...girls usually do ;), are WWU students! And Hannah girl came to visit Wednesday from her new place; it was fun to see her smiling face, all excited with the new adventure that she is on. It was just a reminder of the sweet changes that are happening, sometimes I feel overwhelmed by them, and then I'm reminded of the fact that this is what is supposed to happen, it's part of growing up.
And no "welcome back to school week" would be complete without some form of germ being spread by all of those frantic hands opening doors. So I've spent the past two days sitting in classes with a pile a mile high of tissue and studying with swollen eyes...I guess I'm just ushering cold season in a bit early.

1 comment:
Awww, I am so glad you like your physics class!! And I am very sorry that you got a bug, tsk, tsk. You must get better soon dear!!
It was such fun to see you on Wednesday!! :)
Post a Comment