Friday, September 11, 2009

I remember



I think that most of us will remember where we were on that day, a day thats name is filled with horror, 9/11. I was bird watching with a missionary kid and her mom from Thailand enjoying the fresh morning moments out at Hovander park. The stark contrast of the day sticks out in my mind. Us getting up early to watch and listen to one of the wonders of God's creation, then to come home to the utter pain of this world plastered on our TV. To sit there, feeling helpless and afraid, feeling pity and loss. I felt so insignificant, so vulnerable, yet the morning spent in quiet reminded me of one great important truth; if He cares for those birds with their beautiful songs how much more does He care for me.

I think that I will also always remember where I was this day, 9/11/09. We are still mourning, still horrified, but also as a people we are moving on. Through the chaos and craziness of it all one bright thought and word sticks out in the foremost of my thoughts, "Heaven". Someday we will worship and fellowship together in perfect peace, in complete harmony with His glorious plan for us...how I can't wait for that day!

3 comments:

Historian Anne said...

Yes that was quite the morning. Thank you for linking it to the Lord's care.

Corina said...

Thanks for turning our thoughts back to remember that morning. Did you go to the presentation at Mt. Baker Theatre?

Shelby said...

Yes, we did go to that...mostly to hear Jerry! I was a bit disappointing, I thought it was going to be something in remembrance of Sept 11th, it wasn't really at all. But I'm sure that it was still educational (just a bit long ;).