"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Psalm 26:3
Sunday, December 7, 2008
service
I was reminded this evening how important "little" acts of service are to people. I was reminded cause I was the one on the receiving end! This evening my feet hurt quite a bit. After a wonderful evening of caroling, tree hunting, and just walking in general, I thought that they were going to fall off. My mom let me stick two socked feet right in her lap and she gave me a foot rub. You have no idea (or maybe you do and can sigh a pleasant sort of sigh at the thought) of what a relief this was. It was a "smallish" act of service, but it made a huge difference to the rest of my evening. I was much more able to serve my brother (hm maybe one act of service enables another?) because of the relief to the two poor things that I am rather attached to called feet. Service is about heart. My mom was a great example of having a right heart attitude, she had a smile on her face the whole time. Oh, I'm blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's so sweet and a good reminder that the little things do matter. Aren't moms great?!
Ah that sounds lovely. Although I have bad memories of foot rubs (yeah big people with big hands can get violent) it sounds wonderful though. :) oh and yeah the little things do make a BIG difference.
Awww... your mom is so sweet and yes she is such an example of servanthood.
Post a Comment