Saturday, December 13, 2008

a phrase

I will never forget the time when the boy I babysit, about 3 at the time, grabbed my hand. We were walking outside in the summer sunshine going to go visit the cows; with the intention of finding Gertrude, the all white cow. He looked up at me and said in the sweetest way possible, "I love you". It made my heart melt. That simple act and those simple words make all the time and effort (changing diapers included) worth it. Last night I was babysitting for another family. I had just tucked their two year old into bed. I gave her a kiss, told her that I would be there until her parents came home, and told her goodnight...I love you. She responded in her sweet, cheerful, two year old way, "I love you!". Oh my, what a blessing it is to love and be loved!

3 comments:

Stormgirl said...

Awww... that is so sweet. I love those times! Yes, it is so wonderful to love and be loved. God has blessed us so much with the capacity to love and be loved by Himself and others. I love small children and how they can warm your heart with just a few words. I love you!

Kelsey said...

That's so precious! I bet every family wishes that you were there babysitter!

Isaacme said...

Aww that's so sweet. Little kids make the best guy/girl freinds (I would know).