"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Psalm 26:3
Monday, December 29, 2008
...the sequel "An Expensive Way to get Burned"
I must admit that my post about my "outing" was not quite complete. Abbie got to hear the sequel and decided that it was blogging material. :) I had left it out from the earlier post because the first post seemed so...perfect, picturesque, or at least somewhat. But real life doesn't seem to be like that, does it? Typical of my "blunder-through-things-style" I didn't complete my Starbucks trip all that successfully. It was mighty hot in there (and somewhat stressful...the line was huge!) so off came my coat; when the coffees were ready I had my coat draped over one arm and the coffees stacked one on top of the other. I know, I shouldn't have, but I though that it would work. Just as I was reaching for the door handle the unthinkable happened...the very hot, steaming, scalding mocha tipped and a good amount spilt all over me! Wow! What an expensive way to get burned! I kept going right out that door, at that moment I felt like a dog who would probably have his tail between his legs running out of there, I had to get away. I felt like all the fancy pants Starbucks people were secretly grinning to themselves as they watched me escape, knowing that I couldn't sue them for my mistake...the ultimate one...the one that all places that sell coffee protect themselves against knowing that fumbley people like me would buy their coffee . How do they protect themselves? Well at the bottom of that beautiful red cup there is the phrase (loosely quoted), "hot contents...caution". Hot indeed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Lol...very well written. Most definitely blogging material. Thanks for sharing with us. :)
Oh my dear friend... you write the most marvelous posts. Poor thing... I am sorry about the cofee.
Shelby,
So sorry about your coffee but I had to laugh as I read your post!
Now, I have not laughing at you but with you! I, my self made the fatal mistake of buying a cold coffee frappe with a slight addition of eggnog on a cold, windy, rainy day. AND I had to walk a grand total of seven blocks to get it!! :) Not very smart!
hehe...I was reading your earlier post and wondering why you skipped the part about spilling your coffee. I'm glad to see the sequel =)
I still think you could sue. They didn't warn you that hot liquid burns. So, the blame was entirely theirs.
Ohh, that would be my reaction probably, soo sad and crimson. Oh poor dear, I wouldn't wish it on you at all.
If its any comfort, I always burn my tongue when i drink Starbucks, somehow I always return!
oh sadness :(
I must confess though, despite my sorry feelings for you, I couldn't help but crack a smile at your perfect barista judgements!!
:P I love that...that's the point of blogging I think, to be able to make people smile! Even if it means you have to laugh at yourself in the process (something which I am aquiring more and more skill at as the years...and accidents...go by). :)
LOL Shelby you are so great. Hahaha... it is great that you can laugh at yourself. And I agree with Corina about the barista judgements.
Post a Comment