Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Great Grandma's Dishes

I got to pile boxes of my great grandma's dishes into my car the other day. I drove away from my grandma with a feeling of amazement! I've always treasured the little things that I have as reminders of my great grandma - her dress from her younger days, a shirt that still had a tissue tucked into the sleeve. But this, this was too much! I now poses dishes that my grandma served with. I can picture her in her little kitchen with an apron on, serving those around her, loving them with her actions. Sweet little tea cups, colors ranging from antique lime and yellow to more modern forest green and white.
The color variety is so cheerful!
Things to use, to cherish, and to serve with.

3 comments:

Balvanz said...

I LOVE THOSE DISHES!! What a treasure.

Stormgirl said...

How fun!!! :D

Dani said...

I love the dishes too! Perfect for our cheerful friend Shelby. What a blessing to have something like that passed along.