Thursday, May 14, 2009

Date with Nathan...the whole story

Ok, so that wasn't very nice, I didn't tell the whole story. :) I left out an important fact, Nathan is only 4 1/2. Sorry, couldn't resist. Yesterday evening was a big deal, it was the first time that I got to pick Nathan up and take him out. I have so enjoyed all of the little milestones along the way as I've gotten to watch him grow into the curious, active preschooler that he is. It was so fun to have him in the back of the car just chatting away about what he did that day as we drove to the elementary school. The local school where I volunteer was hosting The Reptile Man, something which I vividly remember going to when I was in first grade! It was still the same Reptile Man doing the presentation too! We both loved seeing the tortoise and lizards. We were amazed at the snakes, some where huge! We learned some new, fun facts about these creepy reptiles. Nathan even got to touch a crocodile, a hela monster, the tortoise, and the python! Such a good way to spend an evening with him. Yes, I'd say that it was a lovely first date, one that I will always remember.




4 comments:

Kelsey said...

wow! That's a scary looking....thingy (whatever it's name is!) I have a fear of most anything that crawls lol. but very cute pictures! It looks like it was a fun first date for both of you! <3

Historian Anne said...

aw, how darling! Although that display would have grossed me out.

Corina said...

wow- a croc? dat's amazing!
I'm glad you so enjoyed your time with Nathan. he's really cute :)

Balvanz said...

CUTE pictures!!! What a precious boy. Looks like a great outing! :)