Lately I have been immersed in classes surrounded by people. I can see their lostness plastered all over them, sometimes literally.
I turn around and see someone covered in pictures, symbols of something that they don't even understand. I cringe and my mind wanders, how disgusting!
But I hang my head in shame as I realize that I looked just the same to my Savior. My sins and my efforts to fill a hole in my heart that only God can fill have left me with scars and caked me with dirt. Filth that I can't get rid of on my own, much like a sheep in need of sheering
I was unacceptable to God because of the sin that I bore, but He choose to look past that. He look through to my heart, to my deep and desperate need. He was willing to not just go skin deep, His compassion was so much more than just a look at my outsides or the rottenness of my heart.
When our Savior walked this earth He didn't mingle or minister to those who "looked good". He reached to those who where hurting and lost, often he was found with people who were the despised scum of the earth for that day and age.
Oh, how I long to be filled with the compassion of my Savior! To not only see the people around me and see the sins of these people, but to reach out as He reached out and to share what He shares and is willing to give them, and gave me.
2 comments:
That's all so true. And courage to share the gospel no matter what the consequences is so important!! So many opportunities to share the truth about Christ's love are missed because of fear of offending or being mocked. But the reality of how lost those people are should encourage and embolden us in everyday evangelism.
P.s. I love the picture of the sheep. :)
Thank you for sharing Shelby. I think it's so neat that God chose such a tender object as sheep to portray our helplessness and His shepherding. It is such a picture of tenderness!
Post a Comment