Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am thankful for...

Betty! Betty is my sign language tutor and so much more. I have had the privileged of getting to know her over the summer and continue to meet with her weekly as the school year rushes along. My time with Betty is one of the best parts of my week! It is an hour of complete encouragement and challenge. I love the good conversations that we have. She has so much wisdom and insight to share. She is helping me to think through some of the the issue I've come upon in my new adventure with ASL and deaf education. She challenges me to think and ask the big question of "why". She is truly a godly example for me. A Titus Two "older" woman who I so enjoy being taught by. What a blessing she has been in my life.


5 comments:

Stormgirl said...

Oh that is so fun to have Betty in your life Shelby. I can't wait to meet her one day. The Lord is so good to bring such awesome people into our lives.

Corina said...

oh it's good to see pictures of the people you tell me about!

Kelsey said...

I love Betty too! I can tell that she's been a wonderful influence in your life. Very cute picture, too!

Kelsey said...

wow, it looks like all your friends are reading your blog at once =)

Balvanz said...

I was only around her for a few minutes, but she does seem like a precious lady. I'm glad you enjoy your time with her so much. :)