Sunday, January 2, 2011

My "Find"

I reorganized my room yesterday, as the after Christmas organizing bug hit. I moved my chair into a different corner so that I could look out the window while enjoy the comfy state it offers. There was just one problem, it was just too dark in that corner. So this evening I texted Kelsey for a last minute hunt for a lamp. Sort of a spur of the moment "lets-go-find-a-deal" kind of text. She is so sweet to let me drag her around places. :) We went to the Goodwill, but just didn't have any luck. So the Kmart next door provided what I needed at a very small price.
My new lamp came with some set up to do. I was proud of myself for making all the pieces fit without needing my dad. Although I must admit, unlike a good handyman, I did look at the directions, just to be sure.
I love the soft light that it adds to this corner of my room. A perfect place for my quiet time! No more cramped legs from sitting on my bed. I really love what good lighting adds to a place. Now this place just needs a bit more...hmmm...some frames on the far wall and maybe a sign with a little saying above the aprons?

1 comment: