Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Creativity?

You know that you have a spelling problem when:

Your essays start to look like some sort of evil game...involving horrid, red, squiggly lines.

You text your friend or instant message your mom when spellcheck is unavailable to you (I don't know what I'd do without you Kels!;)

When even spellcheck is puzzled by what you had intended to say and the dictionary appears to not contain the most basic English words.

When an in class essay becomes a creative use of synonyms and alternative wording.

When commenting on blogs you copy and paste into a word document to see if your spelling was correct.

When correcting 3rd grade spelling tests you need to use the teacher's copy.

When an unknown sign becomes a game of charades because you couldn't think of how to spell the lacking word in your signing vocab.

These are just a few of the things that lead me to the conclusion that I do indeed have a spelling problem...one that I need to work on...cause it sure can be embarrassing!

4 comments:

Balvanz said...

"When commenting on blogs you copy and paste into a word document to see if your spelling was correct."

LOL that's soooo funny. You need to spend some time with Mia. Hehe :)

Nicole Wright said...

Oh! yea!! sorry , not that i rejoice in your calamity, but I'm now not alone!! :)

Stormgirl said...

Shelby my friend, I love you!!! You are so great. This post made my day. Love it! Oh spelling tis a thing to be feared at times. :D

Isaacme said...

lol I used to use word before posting blog comments, but I gave up and let the rest of you suffer. I totally know what you mean Shelby.