"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Psalm 26:3
Sunday, October 26, 2008
He is in Control
Recently I have needed to be reminded over and over again of the fact that my Savior is in complete control. Despite how my knees shake at the thought of November 4th, I know that He is in charge. He doesn't permit anything to happen that is not in His perfect plan. Although His plans might not always feel pleasant. I am reminded through that great old Bible story of Moses of God's sovereignty and control over what might appear as something unbending and powerful. The Pharaoh, a man with a hard heart not yielded to God. Pharaoh was the king of all Egypt, a place of wealth, knowledge, and possibly the greatest power of its day. God was in control of even this man and that situation. He is in control of these men and even this situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good point Shelby. I like that, looking back in history to be reminded of God's power. Do you know that the NASB has 232 occurences of the word "remember", and that the majority of the times it is God commanding His people to remember or one of His servants taking a moment to do so? Yes, God is in control- let's not forget the big picture.
Post a Comment