Yesterday I got to experience one of Wes's "firsts" with him. He had never experienced the art of slipping on ice with skates. He amazed me with how quickly he just started skating. I remember the first time I skated I had a very firm grip on the wall the whole time. My amazing guy never once even grabbed the wall or fell, he's just talented and that's all there is to it. :) I very much enjoyed getting to skate together in the middle of a mob of happy people...I think that I was the happiest.

We even got to experience another first. Our first time cooking together! And I can even brag further that it was his idea, for a guy who doesn't necessarily have a complete passion for cooking I found that very sweet, he knew that I would enjoy it.
To keep his manliness in the midst of the kitchen he had a guy's apron. I think that he looked pretty cute in it.
His biggest job though was quality control. The frosting turned out pretty good, made all the sweeter by his help.
Wes decorated the cake, I think that it looked delicious. It wasn't too bad either, even though to my great embarrassment I forgot it in the oven while in the middle of a phone conversation. Take note of the letters. I think that that is something worth celebrating!
2 comments:
How fun! So excited to see you guys celebrating "firsts" together! Here's to a happy New Year and God's future blessing on and guidance for your relationship!
Shelby, where did you get such a handsome man?? Oh, wait that's MY brother!! So happy to see you two together!! Wes just walks about his day grinning from ear to ear!! Always checking his Itouch to see if you texted!!
Post a Comment