I have many memories from this past weekend, traditions that we have held for years, simple things, yet important in their own way. I can still hear excited baritone voices as they fill up their coffee cups before "heading out" early Saturday morning. I can smell grandma's french toast casserole as it is browning and still taste the anticipation of the juicy berries on top that will melt in my mouth. I can feel the jerk and wiggle on my fishing, see the smile on the faces of my dad, brother, and uncle, hear the whirring sounds from the real as the fish fights and jumps, and see the glitter of the silvery scales as my prize is brought to the boat. I can still sense the enjoyment of a quiet moment spent swinging on my grandma's porch as dusk surrounds me. The weekend wouldn't be complete without the laughter and teasing that my uncles give and get. And don't worry, Uncle Tony didn't actually eat that fish.
"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Psalm 26:3
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Fishing
The weekend we were all looking forward to, "Opening Day" weekend! Now some of you may be wondering, opening day for what? Well...it's the first day that fishing can be done for the season. Fishing poles are pulled out from behind cobwebs, worms and the lure is purchased, and excited guys start getting "fish fever". (Fish fever is when your arms start jerking in anticipation of the tug on your line when "the big one" bites ;)
I have many memories from this past weekend, traditions that we have held for years, simple things, yet important in their own way. I can still hear excited baritone voices as they fill up their coffee cups before "heading out" early Saturday morning. I can smell grandma's french toast casserole as it is browning and still taste the anticipation of the juicy berries on top that will melt in my mouth. I can feel the jerk and wiggle on my fishing, see the smile on the faces of my dad, brother, and uncle, hear the whirring sounds from the real as the fish fights and jumps, and see the glitter of the silvery scales as my prize is brought to the boat. I can still sense the enjoyment of a quiet moment spent swinging on my grandma's porch as dusk surrounds me. The weekend wouldn't be complete without the laughter and teasing that my uncles give and get. And don't worry, Uncle Tony didn't actually eat that fish.






I have many memories from this past weekend, traditions that we have held for years, simple things, yet important in their own way. I can still hear excited baritone voices as they fill up their coffee cups before "heading out" early Saturday morning. I can smell grandma's french toast casserole as it is browning and still taste the anticipation of the juicy berries on top that will melt in my mouth. I can feel the jerk and wiggle on my fishing, see the smile on the faces of my dad, brother, and uncle, hear the whirring sounds from the real as the fish fights and jumps, and see the glitter of the silvery scales as my prize is brought to the boat. I can still sense the enjoyment of a quiet moment spent swinging on my grandma's porch as dusk surrounds me. The weekend wouldn't be complete without the laughter and teasing that my uncles give and get. And don't worry, Uncle Tony didn't actually eat that fish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Great pictures!! I think this is SUCH a special tradition that your family carries on, I love it!
The pictures are... PRICELESS!!! Oh my... love them. What fun!!! I am glad you had such a good time, you painted a wonderful picture my dear. I think my favorite picture is the one of your dad. ;)
The picture of Andrew is really sad... *sniffle*
I love the one of you and Jess, it's darling!
And you have really cute cousins. :)
how sweet! don't tell me Andrew had to do homework!? ugh.
Well good for him.
That photo of your dad says it all I think!
oooo... fishy fun!!! I loved the picture you painted of the good memories that weekend brings!
Post a Comment