Lately I've been mulling through ideas and thoughts for the future. It can be so easy to stress about things like: where will I work, what should I be pursuing right now, should I go to school for another year, what would the purpose of that be, and how would it benefit in the long run? I've come to the the conclusion that these times are good opportunities to practice having faith. Through leaning on the Lord in these "little" things I want to give my "faith muscles" a work out. He knows my future....He does have a plan. I want Him to be the one to open the doors instead of me trying to run around and use my "human powers" to open doors or to try to see through the windows. I will inevitably fail and not honor my Lord because worrying seems to go hand in hand with using "human muscles". I am excited as I wait, watch, and pray as doors open and close.
5 comments:
Thank you dear for this good post. It is so true. I know I need to continue using my "faith muscles" and quit using my own human "muscles". God provides all that we need and it wants us to become more like Himself and in that process we have to grow and stretch.
I love you girl!
I'm SO thankful that the Lord holds the future. What an amazing thought to rest and wait in.
ah, yes. I've found myself over working and researching and weighing options, fretting over the decisions I should make, only for other opportunities or thoughts to change everything and frustrate me. It is a great opportunity to have faith. Faith that takes the next step and then waits, trusting God to guide our paths! Hooray that He's doing it!
what a great reality, truth to embrace: the Lord has master plans for our lives!
Hum, good reminder as the work load begins!
Post a Comment