This was the fourth picture in the fourth folder. This...is Larry Lober. We have an affectionately long list of things that we call Larry: Larryboy, Lober man, The Big Man, The Big Boss and Lost Larry. I'm sure that my family could add to the list. Larry is our neighbor and he has become part of our family. I think that when we first met Larry he was just finishing running and was walking through the door with sweat running down his face and food in his hand…eating. That just about tells you all you need to know.
Larry is a very dedicated runner. He has completed many marathons, one of which I had the pleasure of going to. Grant, Larry, Mrs. Lober, and I made the long journey to Bend Oregon for the two guys to compete in their first trail marathon. I'll never ever forget riding up front with Larry in their red car. We’d been in the car for a good 8 hours by then and we were all well loosing it mentally. It was dark, the stars were out, and we had just realized that Larry had taken a wrong turn (one of the reasons for the name lost Larry) which would add about 2 more hours to our trip. Larry was educating us in the old classics on the radio; we were listening to Hotel California. For some odd reason we all decided to stick our heads out the window and scream...don't ask me why, like I said we were all loosing it, but we did feel better after (the screaming was followed by a whole car full of people laughing and giggling).
Throughout the trip Larry also very kindly made a list of things that any future suitor should know about me. He says that the guy should have, “A fare warning”. The list of my imperfections is much too long to post here, but I think that the top one on Larry’s list was, “She enjoys her food too much and lets everyone know!”. Yes, I do indeed enjoy eating. :P
Larry also is vegan, he's amazing with how he sticks with it! Because of his veganism he has become a really good cook, his specialty is pancakes! Anyone who has had the pleasure of having been served by Larry knows how tasty they are. (The picture is him cooking pancakes). Larry is a servant, he is thoughtful, and he is, well....Larry. :)
I tag Vanessa, Hannah, Hannah S., and Janel. (You guys need to post on the fourth picture in the fourth file where you store your pictures).
8 comments:
Awww, yay for Mr. Lober and his AMAZING pancakes!!! :)
that's so cute about Mr Lober's disclosure list for you :) However, I'd say your list of virtue is miles long in comparison to the quirks, which- don't we all have? :o)
Yes, Mr. Lober has awesome pancakes. Heehee.. he can be sooo very funny. He is great!
Don't worry Shelby, I love eating too! I totally enjoy my food.
by the way what do you mean by the tag and the fourth photo?
Kristi left a post about a picture and then "tagged" four other people making it so that (you can look in Kelseys...I think that she already tagged you Corina ;) they need to post as well. You go to the fourth folder in "my pictures" (or where you store your pictures) and then open the fourth picture in that fourth folder. (if I understand it correctly) and then you are supposed to blog about it (but if it a pictures that you really don't want to blog on that is fine). :P Then you tag four other people who haven’t been tagged yet.
p.s. I'm glad that you enjoy food too. :P
Quirks? Ah yes. oh you're sweet Corina! <3
Post a Comment