Thursday, November 19, 2009

Diggin' Holes


The other day I got to spend a little bit of time with my youngest cousin. My mom and I did some shopping during my day off from school. We met my aunts, grandma, and two youngest cousins for lunch on our way home. Caden was so adorable with his missing front tooth that I couldn't resist snapping a picture. He has always had the best smile, even when he was little guy his smile would make our whole family smile right back. His enthusiasm for what he loves is fun to see. I asked him what he wants to do when he is bigger. He looked at me with a very honest straight face, "I want to dig holes". I glanced at grandma somewhat wondering. She explained that he will spend hours out in the yard with his tools - digging. This is a guy who is going to grow up and have a passion for work! Even if he doesn't go into the hole digging business, who knows, he might be seen in a few decades happily excavating sitting up high on the seat of a digger?!

3 comments:

Corina said...

He smiles with his eyes and it just lights up his face! His life goal reminded me just now of Gio when he was growing up... he loved to go outside and throw up plain dirt (in the form of a bomb or dust storm) for HOURS on end! We'd look out the windows and see dust clouds wafting by, it was our cue that little brother was still happily playing.

Abigail Joy said...

Lol that is great!! He is so cute. =)

I love the pictures of you and Benji!!

Historian Anne said...

what a sweet toothy grin!