Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A first time for everything

First times can be painful, especially when running is involved. The other day I ran four miles for the first time this year. Now I realize that this feet should have been accomplished a while ago, but running and I have a sort of nasty relationship. I give, give, give, (even if is is slowly) and running only takes and takes and takes, hardly even improving the situation nor giving me pleasure. The best way to fix a relationship problem is to get a councilor, someone to come along side you and cheer you on in the right direction. The Loberman was that for me the other evening. Officially dubbed "Loberman power", the encouragement of a friend can get you much farther than you thought you could go.
Notice that where as I am flat on my back Larry is calmly continuing on with his day and enjoying a smoothie. (Thanks to Mrs. Lober for that super delicious drink, it was the perfect treat for a sweaty tired person such as me!)
One of the other thoughts that was mighty motivating was, "water". I just couldn't wait to get a cool drink and to cool off! Everything feels so much better when you work for it, even a dowsing from the hose.

Thanks Larry!

6 comments:

Balvanz said...

Way to go Shelby!!!

Water is truly one of the most motivating thoughts during a hard run. :)

Kelsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelsey said...

I just love those pictures! I would most definitly be there on the ground with you if that were me running. Except I'd be on the ground about 3.5 miles behind you ;)

Historian Anne said...

aww, way to go girl! You didn't mention how well you do on bicycle!

Stormgirl said...

Aaaaaaaaaaah!!! Way to go my friend!!!! Thats awesome!! Loberman does rock! :)
You are quite the inspiration there. Aren't we grateful for water!

Corina said...

Ha ha! that's hilarious Kels :o) Wow Shelbs, I commend you! I'm crouched over at 3.2 mi.